About the Training
The Actuarial Process training program is a world-class professional development program for mathematics and computer science educators in the United States. Educators accepted into the program re provided 15 hours of professional development (12 hours of asynchronous training course materials and tasks and a 3-hour live, virtual workshop) including cutting-edge resources to help excite your students in real-world data analysis and mathematical modeling.
Hands-on scenarios and project-based learning are the foundation of the Actuarial Process training program and the Modeling the Future Challenge as a whole. By participating in this training educators gain unique skills and materials to help engage students in mathematics and computer science curriculum through real-world data-science and risk analysis projects. You will learn how to transform data from boring spreadsheets into interactive experiences where teams of students learn to predict the future!
By completing this training, you will be one of a select group of educators specially skilled at helping students understand how math modeling, data science, and risk analysis can be used in real-world settings to help companies, organizations, and governments make important decisions.
Training Structure and Requirements:
- Participation in the live, virtual 3-hour training workshop
- Completion of training modules and required asynchronous tasks in the online training course platform
- Commitment to registering & coaching at least one team for the Modeling the Future Challenge 2023-24 Season
Spring 2023 Training Schedule (APPLICATIONS CLOSED)
- March 1 – Spring Training Registration Opens
- March 31 – Spring Training Registration Closes
- April 7 – Applicants contacted with acceptance determinations
- April 11 – Online Training Coursework opens
- April 20 (Thursday, 6-9PM Eastern) – Live, virtual MTFC Teacher Training Workshop
- May 12 – Online Training Coursework closes & Tasks due
- May 19 (tentative) – Professional Development Certificates
Summer 2023 Training Schedule
- May 1 – Summer Training Registration Opens
- July 7 – Summer Training Registration Closes
- July 14 – Applicants contacted with acceptance determinations
- July 17 – Online Training Coursework opens
- July 26 (Wednesday, 12-3PM Eastern) – Live, virtual MTFC Teacher Training Workshop
- August 10 – Online Training Coursework closes & Tasks due
- August 17 (tentative) – Professional Development Certificates
Fall 2023 Training Schedule
- August 1 – Fall Training Registration Opens
- September 8 – Fall Training Registration Closes
- September 11 – Applicants contacted with acceptance determinations
- September 13 – Online Training Coursework opens
- September 25 (Monday, 6-9PM Eastern) – Live, virtual MTFC Teacher Training Workshop
- October 6 – Online Training Coursework closes & Tasks due
- October 13 (tentative) – Professional Development Certificates
Dates are tentative and subject to change with notice to applicants and participants.
Training Program Participants
Teachers who have participated in the Actuarial Process Training Program gain professional development in implementing real-world data analysis and mathematical modeling into their classrooms via the Modeling the Future Challenge. The following educators are recognized for their successful completion of the program.